Redundant Organs

Redundant pipe organs in New Zealand

The organ originally built for St Joseph’s Catholic church in Temuka (Frederick William Sandford, 1894). Re-located to Ferrymead Heritage Park (Christchurch) and completely overhauled by 2016.

This page lists redundant pipe organs in New Zealand for which new homes are currently being sought.

Information concerning instruments proposed for listing here should be sent to the NZOPT Redundancies Co-ordinator:
John Dodgshun
Tel: 03 3555-308
E-mail: jandjdodgshun@gmail.com

Details required for the redundancy listing should normally include:

(a) the dimensions of the organ, and
(b) contact details for negotiating the terms of the re-location.
The terms for re-locating redundant organs vary from one instance to another, and need to be discussed with the current owner.

List of redundant organs

Title Age/Year Size&type Location
Highgate Presbyterian Church (formerly known as Māori Hill Presbyterian) 1929 2M+P, 15 stops, electric Dunedin